OBX Racing Headers have arrived for BIG WHITE

OBX Racing Headers have arrived!

Up until recently the only headers available for the 5.0 2nd Generation Ford Explorer were Torque Monster headers (allegedly currently made by Al's Headers in Anaheim, California). The problem with Torque Monster headers is many people have reported that Al's Headers is not responsive to any inquiries or telephone calls and will no longer make these headers for the 2nd Generation 5.0 Liter Ford Explorer. Torque Monster headers sold for $789 to $889. Torque Monster claimed that their headers "showed an increase of 20 horsepower and 35-40 ftlbs of torque" and "obtained 21.4 mpg"

I noticed several months ago via some mentions on some of the Ford Explorer forums that OBX started offering a set of headers for the 5.0

2nd Generation (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001) Ford Explorer at only $399.00. Initially there were not many reports about the quality of the headers offered by OBX. Prior to "Black Friday" a few reports started coming in that indicated that these OBX Racing Headers might be the real deal. During "Black Friday" OBX ran a special for $100.00 their headers so I decided to go ahead and pick up a set and see what they can do.

I'm not sure if you can (or would want to) powder coat headers but I am going to do some research on that before installation. I intend on doing a before and after dyno to see what real world performance numbers can be had from the OBX Racing Sports headers. These headers are the only option currently (and fortunately) available for the 5.0

2nd Gen Ford Explorer.

More photos at the truck's Facebook page link at my post at this link:

View the attachments for this post at:

Spanks