P0446 Code

I am getting a P0446 code on my 1996 Explorer V8. I have reset the code now about three times and each time it has returned. I also made sure my gas cap was tight and clean, and I am still getting the code. There is obviously a problem somewhere. Where is the charcoal canister located on these? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jeff

Fred 2

Just an FYI PO446 = Evaporative Emission Control Canister Vent (CV) Solenoid Control Malfunction

Possible causes

VREF circuit to FTP sensor open

Damaged FTP sensor

Carbon Canister Vent Restriction

Kinks or blockage in the fuel vapor host/tube between CV solenoid and atmosphere

CV SIG circuit short to PWR GND

Damaged CV soleniod

Damaged PCM

Reply to