possible radiator blockage

Hi All,

I believe I may have a possible radiator blockage which is causing increased pressure in the system.

I have a 93 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4

First the hose going from engine to heater core blew(reasonable for a vehicle with 138,000 miles).

Repaired that and then fluid starts gushing from the heater core and steam coming from vents. So I know I have a problem with the heater core but I am not sure what caused it other than I tried to flush my radiator a couple weeks prior and think I screwed it up. So as of now I have the heater core bypassed and it seemed to be working ok.

Now the small hose that returns fluid to the coolant reservoir seems to be leaking. It is easily replaceable but i fear that excess pressure in the system caused by some blockage is the real problem. Any suggestions or comments??

Thanks in advance, Jason

Reply to
v15wannabe

Take hoses off radiator top & bottom. Run garden hose water into top of radiator. If water flows freely out the bottom of the radiator it's not the problem. Do the same on the engine top outlet. If water runs out the bottom of the engine freely it's not the problem. Do the same for the heater core. If water runs freely it's not the problem. If all three flow freely buy a new radiator cap for your model explorer. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Reply to
bronzebeetle