Power Door Locks-Can open but not lock

The remote and Driver Side button on my 99 Exp can unlock the doors but not lock the doors. Is this a common breakdown or something very strange?

Reply to
Swift1

Does the interior light stay on ???

If it sees a " door open" it wont lock

Reply to
JohanB

No,the lights do go off. Could it be the fault of the PDL buttons on drivers side and passengers side doors plus the remote. I think I can discount the Actuators since the PDL button in the trunk area CAN lock all the doors. Thanks for your input. It does seem strange . . .

Reply to
Swift1