Problems with leftovers

Are there any problems that may be typical with a fairly old left over vehicle? I've found a dealer who has two 2005 Mountaineers, both with

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

Which part of New Orleans did this vehicle come from.

I personally do not have sufficient knowledge to attempt to judge the value of such a vehicle. I know that is possible to get a good one, but it also can be one that is salvaged from a dealers lot that went under water. I just remember seeing a local dealer park is over flow next to the creek which flooded. I am certain all were sold in sales later on.

Reply to
Art McClinton

Thanks, that's a damn good point I hadn't considered. If the insurance company wasn't involved there is no resaon for this to show up on Carfax.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

I think it's a federal offense t sell a car that's been in a flood. And I would think the dealer would have insurance that would cover such damage but could be wrong. Plus it seems unlikely the car manufacturer would not just take back a flooded vehicle rather then risk a dealer selling it. OTOH, if it has a new car warranty any problems from the flood, if there even was one, should certainly show up during the warranty period.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Would the warranty cover flood damage? I thought they provided coverage against manufacturer's defects.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

If they try to deny your warranty claim on the basis of flood damage don't you think that's the same as them admitting that they broke the law selling the car to you in the first place? If the car has been sitting with flood damage, which will largely screw up the electrical stuff, for the past two years, it's unlikely it would run at all at this point. If it starts and runs fine it seem really unlikely to me there is a flood damage issue.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher