Airconditioner Stop Leak kit??

I have a 1995 XLT and apparently, from what I've read on my prior posting here, there might be a leak in the AC coolant. I've read that you can buy a stop leak kit that might seal up the AC. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on this? Could it damage the AC system? Is it safe to use it or could it cause some other problems with the AC or the vehicle? Thank you.

Reply to
Jacob

If you use a selant in your AC and that doesn't fix the concern, reputable shops can and will refuse to work on your AC.... This sealant can play havoc with AC recovery and processing equipment and can be near impossible to scrub out of the AC system once installed....

How will the shop know? Good shops care about what they are putting in their customers cars- these shops test the refrigerant in unknown cars (this is to identify any "virus" in the system and will also identify sealants).

OTOH, If I were to visit a shop requesting AC work on my truck and they didn't prove out the contents of my system, I would worry about what they were planning on installing in it...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I don't think I would use it, at least not the first time I recharged it. I would think of it as a last resort if I had decided it was going to be an "under $50 repair" or no repair at all.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher