radio display blank problem?

Radio display is blank but all functions work. This is a problem that has been around for a while and now I have it. I am wanting to try to re-solder the circuit board ....I assume that the
solder pulls apart then re-soldering it is the fix...
Is this right way to be thinking about this?
Does anyone have instructions for removing the radio/CD/Cassette player from a 2000 Explorer Limited?..please.
thanks for reading this, Bill V.
This might be the page you need.
http://www.shareamemory.com/radio /
dave

from
thank you for the link, Dave.... Bill

Bill, I have used this web site to fix my radios in a 1998 Explorer and a 1999 Mountaineer. Well worth the $20 price for the info.
RDF
When all else fails . . . Drop your top and ride!
________________________________
From: Bill V [mailto:mothergoose snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:05 AM To: rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer Subject: Re: radio display blank problem?
thank you for the link, Dave.... Bill

Bill,
If you'd like another option to fix this, you can check out this link:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?th838&page=4&pp
Scroll down to my post, from RichC.
Best of luck,
Rich

from
OK, I will check it out. I have been on vacation and the radio display started working again...???
Thanks for the tip. I have another more pressing problem... Bill