Radio display

OK - I've resoldered the ground connections on my display 2 times with no luck. The original solder joints looked very good. The display is still intermittant. What else should I check for? Thanks for any input, Don

Reply to
Don

Check for some extra money in your wallet so you can buy a new radio.

Reply to
B. Newman

The alleged culprits are surface mount capacitors and resistors.

Reply to
terra

You may want to check out

The site has detailed pictures of the whole process to fix your display and also details on different scenarios you may run into while doing the repair. It worked for me. It does costs, but you'll more than save the fee in the time you'll spend poking around your radio.

~Randy

Reply to
Randy

I'd personally save any repair costs for your Ford radio/CD player and bite the bullett and invest in a high quality Pioneer or Sony. I'm on my second repair in 5 years and the first one was under warranty. My second car has a 10-12 year old Pioneer CD player that was a replacement of a - you guessed it - FORD radio/cassette player from my mercury Sable.

You can buy a nice radio/CD player at Best Buy or Circuit City and have it installed for under $200. Just to look at my broken radio/CD player the dealer wants $60!!

Reply to
jerry

Yes, you can buy a nice replacement radio at the electronics stores (like Best Buy or Circuit City), however, if you have the steering wheel controls or rear seat controls, you'll be out of luck with those operations with a replacement radio. I never found an alternative to keep those operations. I happy to be back with my original radio and display (until I find one that will do MP3s). ~Randy