Re: negative / positive

It's negative locks

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

for the keyless entry and theft I am trying to add a remote start and need to know if it requires relays or not.

All American cars have had negative ground electrical systems since sometime in the 1950s.

I would assume this applies to the entire electrical system, but I'm not an expert on keyless entries and theft systems.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Thats true all american and import cars are negative ground, but the door locks are a different story,they can be either positive or negative depening on the car and if it has keyless entry.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.