Re: won't start when hot

Update.

I replaced the EEC power relay. Still won't start when hot.

Fortunately, it acted up while it was in my driveway the other day, so I was able to diagnose the problem as a flaky fuel pump bought from NAPA. This is ironic, since I replaced the fuel pump less than 20k miles ago (at 155k miles) because I didn't think the original fuel pump was going to last much longer and I didn't want my daughter to be stranded somewhere. I still had the original fuel pump in my garage, so I reinstalled it.

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions.

I am having a problem with my 92 not starting when the engine is hot. Once > it cools down, it starts right up. It exhibits symptoms of both fuel > starvation and no spark, so it has been difficult to diagnose. Especially > since it's my daughter's car and it never happens when the car is at home > where I have the tools to diagnose it. > > Anyway, I replaced the fuel pump relay (the fuel pump is only two years > old), the coolant temperature sensor and the ignition module. My mechanic > suggested the EEC relay, so that's next on the list. > > Any other suggestions? > > Thanks! > >
Reply to
Steve Manifold