Replacing Fog Lamp Bulbs

I hate the idea of going to the dealer to replace bulbs. I have very limited maintenance experience.

Can anyone give me a basic step by step, dumbed-down explanation of how to replace the Fog Lamp bulbs? I have a 96 Ford Explorer Sport.

Reply to
wehotom

find the wire loom that goes to the back of the fog light follow it up to the light then just turn the round plastic ring and pull it out once out lift the tab that holds the bulbin place and pull the bulb out and replace

Reply to
mab6680

Thank you very much. I was easily able to pull the plastic ring out, but could not see anything that looked like a tab. In fact everything seemed to be one solid piece.

This is a picture I took of the assembly...You can see the bulb is broken.

wehotom

its the black plastic tab at the bottom left of the pic it goes over the grey plastic that is the bulb lift black tab and pull grey bulb off bush new bulb on

Reply to
mab6680

Thanks! That worked...also turns out I had the wrong part. Whole thing took less than five minutes!

mab6680 wrote:

Reply to
wehotom