Reverse Sensor not working

I litely bumped my idiot neighbors car with my 2000 ford exploder...I mean explorer, while backing out of my driveway (he's an idiot because he had it illegally parked backwards, on the wrong side of the street %$##%T#@).

Anyway, now my reverse sensor is not working. Anyone know what might be wrong? No visible damage, as I said, it was a lite bump. I suspect there's a reset switch or something.

Thanks.

Reply to
Frustrated Explorer Owner

There is not a reset button. You should check the fuse (#27 in the central fuse box). Is the parking aid disabled indicator illuminated? If so, you might need to take it in and have it checked with a scan tool. You might also look at the wiring harness at the rear of the vehicle (check for opens and shorts and make sure the grounds are good). Also, are you reversing lights still working?

Ed

Frustrated Explorer Owner wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

"Jack Goff" wrote in news:WG8_a.10366$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

actually no, i did not, using 3rd person made my reply clearer....

Reply to
Herbie

I've only backed into something once (a semi trailer, in our Datsun PU

- that should tell you how long ago it was!). Cats are made to be run over.

Reply to
bill

"Herbie" (or whatever alias he's using) needs serious help.

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Jim,

For the sheer amount of help you provide to this group, I, for one, think that people should simply thank you once in a while...

:)

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Food for thought...... and yes, I always take the long way to the drivers door.

steve