spastic air/heat..need help!!!

97 ford explorer with auto climate control. I've tried to find info on this and seems to point to the blend door, however my problem is inconsistant. During the summer for the longest time i had no a/c... it would only blow hot. one day i decided to leave on the a/c and it finally kicked on. I was soooo excited it finally worked, however it began to freeze me out. I tried to adjust the temp and it got hot again. It took many weeks before it finally got cold again, then i would just adjust the fan speed and not the temp. Now its winter. It os the opposite, it was cold and then finally it got hot, VERY hot... when i adjusted the temp, went cold and never got hot again until recently. Now i just turn it off when it gets unbearable and then back on and down all the way and then off and on all the time. Anybody have any ideas what is wrong with this crazy thing?? Obviously the door works as it gets hot and cold... but can't adjust it or get an in between temp...
Reply to
thevaughns97446

I have a 95 EB with automaitic climate control. Here is a way to put the control into a diagnostic mode. Try it and see if it helps:

The button sequence for diagnostics is as follows for On-Demand Diagnostic Trouble Codes or DTC's. Simultaneously press OFF and FLOOR,

then release and within two seconds press the AUTO button.

Good luck,

T> 97 ford explorer with auto climate control. I've tried to find info

Reply to
Tony P.