Ford focus link

I was hoping some one might know of a guide to change the links on a ford focus 1.8 petrol (04).

I have just bought one the drivers was was done as parts of the pre delivery inspection. But I think the passenger side can't be far long behind it ?; so I though a little preventative maintenance may be whats needed.

Is there a guide lurking round here for this job or where might a new ford owner find one.

Is it just a case of removeing wheel after jacking up :) and unbolt old for new and getting the tracking done ?

Or do I have to stick a jack under something to take some slack of the link to make it easier to undo ?

Any pointers would be handy as I'm hoping to do it on Sunday.

tia

Reply to
Dubber

If you mean the anti-roll bar links, this:

might help.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks, just what I was after.

I have misplaced the haynes. I just bought the car first ford I have ever owner so far so good, infact its a decent drive. A little thirsty mixed driving gets me about 365/370 from a 55 litre tank which is not great but not awful. I was hoping for more as thats vert light foot driving.

Reply to
Dubber
[...]

Full-to-fuel-light on my 1.8 was a bit less; nearer 350 miles. I don't have light feet :-)

My current 1.6 is a little bit better on fuel, but the 1.8 is the better engine for sure.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

On fast A road runs the 1.8 I owned would do ~380-400 miles to fuel-light-on.

Best car I've ever had, although the current S60 is right up there.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

If the drivers one has been replaced, I'd expect the passenger one to have been done at least once in the car's life. Passenger side gets a harder time and goes first on all the cars I have encountered.

Jack both wheels off the ground and support the front of the car on axle stands/blocks of wood or something, this will take the load off the anti-roll bar drop links.

Unless you smack the shit out of something you shouldn't with a hammer, I doubt the wheel alignment will need adjusted as a result of your efforts.

Reply to
Douglas Payne