Got my new wheels - link to pic

I was drooling over the SSR Competition wheels, but have a beer budget. The next best thing I could find for about 1/3 the price is the Konig "Hurry" wheel. I ordered a set of the Quicksilver variety and mated them with Goodyear F1 GS-D3 rubber and am quite pleased. The rubber really grabs the road hard and the wheels turn heads. The konigs come at about a 4lb. premium in weight over the SSR's but are still pretty darn light. The guy at the tire shop nearly threw a wheel over his head when he picked it up. He commented on it being the lightest wheel he's mounted. Here's a link to some pics on my cardomain page:

Wheels are 15"x6.5 and tires are 195/50-15

Cheers, David

92 B Red
Reply to
D. Rogers

About how much of your beer budget did the wheels drink up? Tires? What are the DOT ratings on those tires (treadwear / traction / temperature)

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Hi Chris - Wheels and tires set me back almost a Grand, don't tell my wife. About $500 on the wheels and $500 on the tires with tax, mounting, balance, and all the other hidden extras. A little more than what I expected, but much less than the SSR wheels. The DOT ratings for the F1's are: Treadwear - 280 Traction - AA (not a misprint, it's the coveted AA rating) Temperature - A

I guess if I drove it as a daily driver the treadwear would be an issue, but since I don't the tires should last me a couple of years.

Reply to
D. Rogers