streering problem only when hot

after getting off the highway,while turning at a normal speed their is like a thumping noise in the front end when making full turns left or right the ball joints were checked im goin crazy if someone could help it would be appreiciated

Reply to
BK-USA

Dry turn-stops ???????

Not sure why it would only do it hot but you never know

Reply to
JohanB

Is it stuck in 4WD?

Reply to
Ulysses

even after just 30 minutes a thumping noise that fells mid to front when turning either left or right

Reply to
BK-USA

I posted a similiar problem a while ago on my 99 XLT. After warming up, I would occasionally feel a thumping through the steering wheel. It only happens when warm, although it has not happened in some time. I never found what was causing it, but it's interesting to know you have a similiar problem only when the truck has warmed up.

Reply to
Mikepier

i found the problem to be the cv joints changed them both for 300. it took a while to find this prob.runs like a top now .

Reply to
BK-USA