timing belt going going........

Well, took the Explorer (97) into the dealer today because it was making that hideous noise AGAIN. You know the one that was supposed to be fixed with the new tensioner? Well, we found out that the timing chain cassette was bad and needs replacing ...TOTAL COST $1030.85 Just what we need now! House closing date is less than a month away. Now thats eating into our closing costs!

The Blend door repair will cost 665.00 but its still heating the truck so I am not going to worry about that right now. MY 90 Toyota is still running like new with NO issues ever!

Fun times with the FORD AGAIN!

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

I thought blend doors were fixed with a small nail for free. I must have missed something.

Reply to
Ulysses

What !!!

searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

There is an extensive thread about fixing the blend door at this forum. It includes pictures and instructions.

If that link doesn't work just go to
and click on Forums, then on Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator and it'll probably be the first thread listed.

I hope you didn't already pay Ford to fix it.

OTOH I don't think very many people want to tackle replacing the 3 timing chains on that engine themselves. How come you don't quallify for the free extended warranty that Ford was offering for this particular problem?

Reply to
Ulysses