vibration at a stop

I have a 97 Explorer XLT SOHC V6 with 111k miles. Just recently I have noticed a "pulsating" vibration when stopped at a stoplight, foot on the brake pedal
and in normal drive gear. Doesn't seem to happen while moving or when in idle or reverse. Any ideas on what this could be? Thank you.
It sounds like yor brake rotors are getting warped. You should be able to get a brake shop to turn them for about $80 bucks. You could do it your self for about $20.

pedal
He said it happens when he is stopped. If it was warped rotors, it would happen while he was stopping, but not "when stopped at a stoplight."
Jeff wrote:

Derek wrote:

It sounds like there might be a problem with the anti-lock brake system that is causing the modulation pump to pulse. It pulses the brake fluid pressure to prevent the wheels from locking during hard braking. A malfunction of the system might cause symptoms you describe.
What you are describing resembles an engine miss but there seems to be something lost in the language. Has the motor had a "tune up" or any other work performed recently? Can you describe exactly what it is you feel when the problem is occuring?

pedal
yes, it happens when i am completely stopped ... with my foot on the brake and truck in drive 'D'.

pedal
Does it go away when you put the transmission in Neutral?

or
yes.

have
idle
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:20:56 -0700, "Derek"

You say this only happens when you are stopped. Since, when you're stopped, the only thing that would produce that sort of vibration has to be something turning in the engine compartment, that narrows it down. (Unlkess your tranny's torque converter is going bad, but that should vibrate more as the engine is revved up.) Is the CEL on? Open the hood; is the engine vibrating? Moving around on its mounts? Any pullies broken/bent? Belts broken?
It can't be the brakes if it's happening *after* you've stopped. Do you feel the pulsation through the brake pedal, the steering wheel, or the seat?
--
Bill
Replace "g" with "a"

pedal