Vibration in 99 SL1 when running in gear at stop.

My 1999 SL1 has a very loud vibration coming from the engine compartment when it is running and in gear and standing still. If I shift it into Park the vibration stops. When you begin moving it stops. It is only when you are running and in gear and stopped that the vibration is felt and heard (at a stop light for example). Any ideas where to look for this problem?

Reply to
reex01

Motor mount?

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

Motor mount. Had same thing on 98 SL2.

Reply to
rodak

I'd guess motor mount.

Don't know about the '99's, but the upper torque mount on my '94 was a piece of cake to fix.

You just have to make sure you support the engine when you take the thing off...a floor jack perhaps. I used a long 2x2 I could stand on to support the engine and "wiggle" it into place as I replace the mount.

Reply to
Barry Schnoor