warm air vent

Hi i have a 2002 explorer xlt . i cant seem to get cool outside vented air. when the vent is on cool, warm air blows out. has anyone else had this problem. im taking it in to the dealer on monday. just curious

Steve

Reply to
steve

Big Shoe

I have this same problem with my '98 Ranger. It has always been that way. I think that, once the engine compartment is warmed up, there is no way to get air into the vent/heater/AC system without it being warmed. (It isn't hot, but it's way warmer than the outside temp!)

I've had to either open the windows, or run the AC.

Reply to
Alan Moorman

My Ranger doesn't have any way to shut off the water to the heater radiator in the HVAC system -- unless it's in MAX AC.

Aside from everything getting warm in the engine compartment, having the warmth from the heater radiator contributing to the heat of the rest of the system is just dumb.

I wish they'd give an option to turn that hot water flow off in any mode!

Reply to
Alan Moorman

I do not have this problem with my '02 XLT. Please post the results from the visit to the dealer if you would be so kind. I was under the impression outside air was drawn in from the slots outside the car below the windsheild, right below where the wiper blades are mounted, if I recall, rather than through the engine compartment somehow.

And on this same topic, riddle me this: when the controls are all off or in recirculate you're not supposed to get outside air at all. Nevertheless I smell that awful stinking skunk in the same spot on the road every day. I don't expect the truck to be airtight like the space station, but I always thought the seals, etc., where good enough to prevent this. No?

Alan snipped-for-privacy@visi.com wrote:

Reply to
Corwin, Prince of Amber