xl ,xlt, ??

Could somebody tell me the difference between these models. Im Looking at buying a 97 xlt , but what is the difference between the other models. Im in Aussieland too if that has anything to do with it.

Reply to
Pete OB

Not sure about how they are down under, but here the XL is the base model, while the XLT is a step up and includes some additional features (tinted glass, trim, better upholstery) as standard that are not on the XL. Additionally, some options were not available on an XL but offered on an XLT. I could dig out the specifics on US Explorers if needed and I still drive a '97 XLT with manual transmission, the last year that was offered on an XLT. here.

=Vic= Bear Gap, PA

Reply to
Vic Klein