Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

92 explorer antilock light
The orange "rear antilock" light has come on and is staying on. A redlight "BRAKE (I)(P)" is also on. I bled the brakes. Lights are still on. Brakes still stop the car but I am sure that something...

Re: 2002 Compass
4
4

Hello Jim Warman. Did your guy check for quarter panels?
Hello Jim. (Sorry to post as a new thread, but I wasn't sure you check back on the old one) Just wondering if your guy checked to see whether the 92 quarter panel replacement parts are available...
5
5

Re: What can ya'll tell me about '97-'99 Explorer
I've owned a 97 and 99. Mechanically I think they are identical. There is a slight change in bodywork. I would recomment the v6 over the v8. The v8 gets worse gas mileage and is only slightly more...
1
1

Re: timing cassettes 99 sohc
First of all, congrats on making it to 180K miles on that engine. Second, you are out of warranty. There is a 6yr/72K warranty on the SOHC engine with the timing cassette issue. I have no idea if...

Need 1996/97 Explorer Tailgate
Hi, I need a tailgate for a late '96 or '97 Explorer. I will take a complete tailgate, but I only need the metal portion and the hinges. White would be a real plus. Best, Phil Sharkey

02 Air conditioning question
I own a 2002 XLT. I noticed that the A/C compresser is turning on and off at about 10 second intervals. Just wondering if this is normal or is the compresser supposed to stay on continually? The air...

95 Explorer AC Low Pressure switch Loca5tion ???
I need to charge the AC system but it is so low the compressor will not start. Where is low pressure switch located and how do I bi-pass to start compressor for charging ? Thanks.
1
1

Re: Transfer Case fluid?
Can we at least know the year?
2
2

Re: sqeaking in reverse when I start driving and parking brake problem (related?) in '96 XLT -- also, went through another pair of front rotors
well, if anybody is curious, it turns out they *were* related -- apparently the parking brake was totally broken apart and pieces were just tumbling around in there...? hence the squeal......

Left Footpad for Explorer/Mountaineer
Has anyone fabricated a left footpad for a 2002 Exp/Mtnr? I'm used to my son's Mustang and my old Intrepid giving that added support. My Mountaineer's left footrest is about 4 inches further away than...

2002 Automatic Headlights
Does anyone know of a way to change the sensitivity level of the automatic headlight setting in a 2002 Mountaineer? -- Regards, Steve
1
1

2002 FFV Engine
My newly acquired 2002 Mountaineer has a 4.0 V6 engine made in Germany. A sticker on one of the valve covers identifies it as a Flexible Fuel Vehicle. No other emblems are on the car showing it as...

How to remove console cover in 2003 Explorer
I would like to remove the console cover and add some kind of slot to hold my cellphone and other stuff. The part I want to remove is the molded piece that has the cupholders. Any advice on how to get...
3
3

2002 Airbag system ?
Took the Explorer to the shop today for a airbag light. Diagnosed as a bad seat belt pretensioner. Part ordered. Should be here in a few days. Questions. 1) The airbag light is off now, even after...