Re: 2002 Compass

The compass on our 2002 XLT is off about 50 % of the time by 90 to 180

> degrees. Darned aggravating if you are depending on it in some strange > place. > > The other 50 %, it's right on. Sometimes it seems if I happen to drive > in a circle, the compass straightens out. ??? > > On the other hand, my daughter's 2003 SPORT has a compass that seems > to always be correct. ??? > > I'm darned glad I never had a boat compass that was messed up. > > > > > >Ok, last one.... > >My compass reads about 180 degrees out even after setting zone and > >recalibrating. > >Anyone with similar problem/solutions? >
Reply to
Sy Cohen

Our '02 works ok except when parked in the garage. The sheetmetal ductwork in your house (split foyer) above the garage throws it off about 90 degrees. Soon as you back out of the garage, it's ok. wth

Reply to
wth

Ok, we park right next to a 25 foot power boat with V8 inboard outboard drive. I've wondered if this could affect our compass.

My daughter does have an EZ pass transponder mounted on her windshield. Will have to ask if she notices anything happening to her compass because of it.

Reply to
Weldon Wallick

Interesting. My compass had never had a problem until returning from a trip into New jersey and then it went crazy. After doing some circles in a parkimng lot, it settled down. Based on your comment I now suspect the EZ Pass signals disrupt that flux-gate compass system.

=Vic= Bear Gap, PA

Reply to
Vic Klein

It would not affect it permanently.

I found that the dealer had set mine incorrectly when my 2002 EB was delivered, which I noticed only a mile down the road. It's worked perfectly since I recalibrated it.

Reply to
JonnyCab®