Re: timing cassettes 99 sohc

?what

>will happen if i dont?will ford pick up some cost if i lean on them?is >1200.00 fair?please any and all info is greatly appreciated as info ,1999 >xlt v6 sohc 180000 miles,no other major problems in history and im original >owner in south jersey.

First of all, congrats on making it to 180K miles on that engine. Second, you are out of warranty. There is a 6yr/72K warranty on the SOHC engine with the timing cassette issue. I have no idea if $1200 is fair but given the complex setup of the SOHC I am not sure if I would try a private mechanic. I would stick with the dealer.

Reply to
SizzleMP