Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 XLT - Front wheel bearings?
96 Explorer XLT, 4wd. Getting a mild thumping on one side during cornering, 117K miles. Suspect I'll have to replace front wheel bearings (might as well do both). Anyone done this DIY? Easy enough?...
5
5

Belt whine
Recently, I replaced the serpentine belt, tenioner, power steering pump and pully. Now, I have an intermittant belt whine. Under other cirumstances, it would be a loose belt, but I'm told this has an...
2
2

To buy or not to buy - a ford explorer
hi folks, I am considering buying a ford explorer? [either a 2003 or later] I have mixed reviews from people about it and would like to get some more feedback from current owners before i make up my...
8
8

Re: 92 Quarter panel parts
Oh, if any needs this, the parts are: F1TZ-78278A40-A Quarter panel cover RH 4-door F1TZ-78278A41-A Quarter panel cover LH 4-door F1TZ-78278A86-A Outer wheelhouse cover RH All F1TZ-78278A87-A Outer...
1
1

Re: Stock 6-inDash Stereo Removal Expedition 2003
Thank you Ed for your pointer! that did it!

Re: ABS light on, 99
my abs light is on as well on my '99 ?.just had a hitch installed,and the truck detailed the day before. where would I look for a loose or dirty sensor in the rear of the truck.? thanks,

Paint or dye for 97 Explorer Limited interior
Hi, I have a 97 explorer limited with leather interior. The interior drivers seat and wheel are well worn (not torn) I wish to renew the colour (Tuscan) What is the best product to use and where will...
3
3

Front bumper
My "significant" other had a minor accident with my 95 XLT and the bumper was pushed up. A local bump shop said they could put it on their machine and pull it back in place. Will that weaken the...
1
1

Re: Alarm for 03 Explorer
Tims advice is solid.... I installed a new style "silver" in my '02 SuperCrew and retained all my factory PATS features including progressive unlock..... peace of mind for my loving bride when she...
6
6

Re: 99 X EB 2WD V8 Rough Idle
Thanks Jim, is the intake gasket a known problem with the V8 also? I have done a lot of part changing as you can tell by my 1st post, is it possible a injector could be malfunctioning causing the idle...
1
1

Re: Explorer radio display is dim or off
Isn't it just oh, so coincidental that those spammy, begging bastuhds aren't here to give a direct reply....... oh, the advice appears good, and all.... it's presented in a rather.........OH, MY.... I...

Re: injector
Wasted spark systems should get either double platinums or straight copper plugs to keep firing even bank to bank (on one side the spark jumps centre to side electrode and on the other side the spark...
2
2

Re: Replacement Shocks...
"...as many as _30k_ miles..." Do I have to put in a ":-)" to get you to recognize that as humor??? It was a joke. -Jonathan

Re: 97 Exp LTD here's one that got us looking....
Is it an engine problem or electrical? You can check the wiring down by the oil pressure sender and see if you can duplicate the problem or put a real gauge on the engine and see if the problem is in...