Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

oil life monitor question
I have a 2004 Limited w/ V-8, approx. 23,000 miles. It's only been about 2000 mi. since my last oil change, yet I'm getting a 'change oil soon' message. I'm 98-99% certain that it was reset at that...
7
7

Bizarre question
I've got an '04 Explorer Limited with a strange sound. Brief history, we recently had the rotors turned and the pads replaced at 31,000, two months later there is a severe vibration in the wheel when...

1998 issues
First off I have a lot of scratches on the hood. I tried to use a hard- shell wax on it. Now there are more scratches. Not sure if they were there before. Is there anything that I can try that is...

Decent replacements for in dash cd changer in 2001 Explorer
I have a 2001 Exmplorer Sport. It has a factory in dash changer that doesn't work. It is color coordinated to the rest of the dash and also a larger than standard slot (maybe 1.5 size slot). I know I...

truck turning off when shifting to D
i have a 2001 explorer sport 4x4, when in park it will turn on and ilde good and when i shift to N it still ilde good, but when i shift to D the truck trun off. Is There a switch on the transmission...

Head Gasket?
I have a 94 ford Explorer, it has been running hot recently so I replaced the water pump, thermostat, hoses, and radiator. Since replacing all of this I notice that the water temp gauge is telling me...
2
2

U-Haul's practices raise the risk of accidents on the road
IN TOW Driving with rented risks U-Haul International is the nation's largest provider of rental trailers. A Times investigation finds the company's practices raise the risk of accidents on the road....
30
30

99 Explorer Limited, Smoke coming out of steering column.
Has someone experienced anything similar? I was sitting at a stop sign in my 99 Explorer Limited, and pressed the Off button on the cruise control by mistakes (shouldn't have done anything anyhow). A...
3
3

Grinding gear noise when braking to a stop
Have an excellent and well-loved Ford SUV Explorer from the 94's. One out of seven stops I will hear grinding gear sound and feel it through the brake pedal. Just a second or less because when the...
9
9

Transmission switched to 4X4 by itself
2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 with TracControl (or whatever they call it), about 4 months old. Yesterday I went around a small traffic circle to make a left turn and I heard a "clunk" sound in my...
1
1

Window motor going bad?
I've been having issues with the driver's side window on my 1993 Explorer Sport. This past winter, the window developed a mind of its own, and would go down without me touching the switch at all. I...
6
6

Looking to buy code scanner...
for '02 Mountaineer, can anyone suggest a good model to buy? Even though I have Fords Premium care extended warranty the service center stil wants to charge me the going rate to start just to check...
5
5

2002 Eddie Bauer Electrical
I don't know if this is really a problem, or just a strange alteration of how my electrical system now works. About 2 months ago my car stopped letting me open the auto doorlocks unless the key was in...

2003 Mountaineer electrical glitch
2003 Mercury Mountaineer Luxury Edition with 99000 miles. I'm having electrical problems as follows: Close the door, message center says "door ajar" but no door is ajar. If I turn down the panel...
1
1

How high is Hi-Octane
I have a 1997 Limited with the OHV V6 here in Manila, Philippines. The local Ford dealer advised me to just ran the thing on ordinary unleaded which is 93 RON. I sometimes fill up with 95 RON or even...
1
1