Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

used explorer year
Thinking about replacing my 1998 XLT with a newer used model. Any good year or bad year models to avoid? Personal opinion on used fleet vehicles (rental)? TIA richard

1998 Ford Explorer XLT rear tailgate window
does any one know the measurement for a 98'' Ford explorer XLT rear tailgate window? I had mine smashed and i got a replacement but its the wrong size,or can someone give me a link the the right...
2
2

Rats!!!
My work life means that my '95 Explorer XLT (112K miles) is parked for 2 weeks in a 2nd/3rd floor office garage and then driven very sparingly and parked on the street for my 1 week at home. The truck...
5
5

Coolant Leak
I just changed the coolant in my 2001 Explorer. Now the drain plug on the radiator leaks slightly but only when I turn on the heat. Does anyone know why it would do that. I bought a new drain plug...

Auto-Locks Not
I have a 1996 XLT V-8 Explorer with 198K. We are now seeing things fail enmasse but just can't find it in ourselves to give up this workhorse of a vehicle. Just recently, the automatic locks are no...

97 Ford Excplorer Antifreeze leak?
My 97 Ford Explorer appears to be leaking anti freeze ever so slightly. There is no leaking on the driveway and no visible fluid on the reservoir connections or hoses. Is there an easy way to check...
1
1

3rd. seat problem on 06
My son has an 06 with power up and down 3rd. seat. The left seat is stuck down, motor hums both up and down but will not turn the screw. Anyone had this problem? Could it be the worm is stripped in...

Temperature control problem
Folks, I own a 2005 Explorer XLT. It is a V-8, FWD, with 40K miles. The problem I have is: when the temperature control knob is in the full cold position, everything is fine. But as I turn the...
2
2

'99XLS winterizing
1999 XLS 106K miles My son is moving to North Dakota from the deep south next month. He is starting a great job, he is also not a mechanic of any kind (dad's job I guess). I know some of you on this...
2
2

fuel gauge and check gauge light
I know this isn't an Explorer problem this time but maybe someone has an idea before I get slammed. 2003 Ford Ranger. My daughter called and says when she brakes moderatly hard the fuel gauge pegs to...
3
3

Likely the alternator?
Hello Folks Shut off my 92 XLT this morning and it wouldn't restart. Minor lights go on, but when I turn the key to the "On" position everything goes dead or almost dead. And of course it won't start...
10
10

1999 Limited
I have a 1999 Limited with 125K miles! It still runs!
7
7

Dumb rear brake question 1992
Hello All I replaced the rear drum brakes on my 1992 (with help from folks here) last year. The other day, the emergency brakes stopped working and I noticed that on the left side the clip that holds...

Both front power windows won't work
All, I have a 95 Explorer XLT 4 door, 140,000 miles. The other day I put both front power windows down and now they won't come up. The back ones work fine from the switches on the Drivers door. I...
4
4

2011 Ford Explorer with EcoBoost 2.0liter 30% better than V6
* All-new Ford Explorer SUV offers best-in-class fuel economy with technologically advanced powertrains featuring multiple enhancements to improve mechanical efficiency * Explorer offers an optional...
1
1