Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Harder and harder to start
Tell me what you think... '99 Mercury Mountaineer, V-8 5.0L engine, 98K miles. Lately she's been getting harder and harder to start. As in not REAL hard, but she cranks for a good 2 seconds before she...
5
5

Location of Fan Blower Resistor
Help. I can't find the fan blower resistor on my 99 Mercury Mountaineer with climate control. I bought the replacement part and expected to find it in the usual location(s)--in the ductwork ds of the...
4
4

radio question-not display
I have the Mach radio in my 2000 Limited. Fortunately, the display problem was fixed when car was under basic warranty. Lately, the radio seems to have a lot of interference on the AM band-I haven't...
4
4

final drive ratio, gas mileage, other wear
Anyone have an idea of how much a typical towing package reduces highway gas mileage and adds to engine wear, when not towing anything? I'm talking about on a full sized truck or SUV with a V8. My...
1
1

How do I know if my 1999 Explorer Sport has the towing package?
I am trying to figure out what kind of trailer wiring harness to buy for my 1999 ford explorer sport. I have done some research and see that there are 2 different harnesses that apply, one for the tow...
4
4

LH sway-bar bolt 1998 Explorer URGENT UK OWNER
MR Haynes shows no picture. My antiroll bar long bolt has broke off at the head. I am trying to remove it but the bolt seems to be seized solid inside the tube i have had a pair of moles on the tube...
2
2

Running to rich please help!
Hello everybody, I have a Explrer 2000 that I haved checked with my OB2 scanner it's say that is running to rich, can enybody tell me what is the problem and where to look ti fix it? I will appreciate...
5
5

Window Locks, 4wd light flashing
I am getting the same behaviour as was mentioned in the following post, I purchased the relay, but where do I replace this relay. I have a 1996, 2-door, Exploer sport. What is the relay part number...

My 91 is smoking out the vents
Hopefully someone can help me with this... I was on the highway for about an hour with the A/C running normally, all of a sudden smoke starts pouring out of my vents, I turn off the A/C and check...
11
11

1995 Ford Explorer Owner's Guide please
Hello, I recently bought Ford Explorer from 1995 and the printed Owner's Guide I got is german (a language I can't comprehend). I know there are Owner's Guides to download on butunfortunatelly only...

headlight switch backlight 99 XLT
Went to the dealer this morning and picked up the backlight bulb for the headlight switch on my 99 XLT. This is the part # F87Z-13B765-DA. It was $12, which is ridiculous. But in any event, it has a...
1
1

2002 EB Strut Replacement
Anyone have any suggestions on brand/model of struts to use on my 2002 EB? It's that time and I thought I'd throw the question out to catch some opinions on what others have liked. No off-roading...

Cargo cover for 2002 Explorer
I'm looking to get a retractable cargo cover for the used 2002 Explorer I bought a while back. I've seen a few on eBay and such but want to make sure before I buy one that they fit my model (with 3rd...
2
2

motor swap question
I have a 99' ford explorer with a 4.0 v6, how hard is it to swap the motor out for a v8, found a local one at a junkyard (it's a 98 with 65,000 on it). Do I need a different tranny, radiator, exhaust,...
2
2

96 Explorer JBL System Replacement
Hi Folks, I am considering replacing the stereo in my 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with a navigation unit. I have heard many stories regarding the complexity of this system and would like any input...
2
2