05 taurus external mirror replacement

I am trying to replace the whole external driver side mirror shell for a 2005 ford taurus. I have read that I need to remove the black triangle deal from inside the car and it is held together by one screw.

I have found that screw and removed it but the plastic triangle still does not come off. It appears that it stuck on the bottom side and i dont see any more screws. I can see how the shell screws in but cant do anything until i remove the traingle. Is there a trick to removing it? elbow grease? a big hammer? special way to slide it out?

I would really hate to go to a mechanic and be charged like crazy just to do a 10 minute job.

Reply to
psychophilliac

It most likey slides up or the the side, kind of unhooking by sliding I guess you could say. It could also have a push in type fastener somewhere. Just carefully pull, pry ect. till you figure it out.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

it seems like something is holding it in the corner but i cant manage to get it loose. I dont want to break it and i dont see anything that its attached to. i wonder if i just break it what effec it would have, i would still be able to screw it in. has anybody actually taken this off?

i do appreciate your help.

Shoe Salesman wrote:

Reply to
psychophilliac

Doorpanel has to come off

Go for it, its just a 10 minute job !!!!

Dont be pissed off for mecanics charging you

YOU BROKE IT

Reply to
johanb