1972 Ford F100 XLT

I have posted the question in here before, got an answer, but puter crashed and I lost the post. Its been a few years ago, so here it is again. The rear axle on a 1972 Ford F100 XLT is quite a bit narrower on the rear compared to the front axle. I want to make them the same, and in an earlier post someone gave me a website to go to that custom makes disk to bolt onto the hub to make them the same. You tell them what size you want them to be. Any idea on the website or any other ideas?

Reply to
moverdear

More to this to explain the issue a little more. If you are following the truck down the road, it is very noticable the the width of the rear axle is much smaller that the front

Reply to
moverdear

The term is dogtracking, and is caused by the rear axle out of alignment(square)with the frame. Take it to a shop that does 4-wheel alignments and they can tell you how to fix it.

Reply to
Ted

wrote: 1972 Ford F100 XLT

The rear (tread) is narrower than the front (tread). I want to make them the same. Is there a website to go to that custom makes disks to bolt onto the hubs to make them the same ? _______________________________________________________

Google "Wheel Spacer" for about 1,600,000 references and websites. There are many standard spacers - no need for custom. Reversed rims could be used in the rear without spacers, but then front and rear tires would be on different rims. Any widening of the rear tread will begin to crowd the fenders.

Good luck.

Reply to
Rodan