1986 Ford F150 Fuel tank switch HELP

I am very sure my tanks aren't switching and for some reason the gas guage doesn't work when switched to either tank . I have a question about the tank switcher. Does it work on vaccuum, because there isn't any wires going to it. What actually switches the tanks when you flip the switch on the dash ? Thanks, Raz

Reply to
The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

i wonder if you could just have them feed equally. isn't there a pump for each tank, and then a 3rd pump for both?

Reply to
Picasso