1988 ford bronc. 2/ clutch replacement

Man are you in for some fun. that is one hard truck to work on. Here goes, First, disconect the Batt, & remove the starter. Remove the driveshafts,disconect the linkage and clutch hydraulic line to the trans & Transferr case, then remove transferr case and then trans. you may just have to remove the exhaust to get the trans out. I forget, it's been a long time since I did one. Removing the engine would be a bit more difficult, and you would run into a lot more problems than doing it from underneath the truck. When you purchase a clutch kit, try to get the one that has the alignment tool in it. Make sure you have the flywheel turned. While you have the flywheel off, check the rear main engine oil seal. If there is any doubt, replace it. Same goes for all the seals on the transmission and the transferr case. Those seals are a lot easier on the floor than they are inside the truck. You don't need any really fancy tools for this job, excpt for the alignment tool. Absolutely Don't install the clutch without the alignment tool. If no one has one, here is the link

There are sometimes clutch hydraulic lines that need a special tool to unhook. Here is the link.
luck, Email me at my site if you have any questions.

Reply to
Tech&Tool