1990 Escort GT - Valve Spring Removal

Hey There,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend what type of valve spring compressor to use on the 1990 1.9L CVH head (OHV), just wanted to replace the seals while I had it off.

I have one of the "grab the bottom of the spring and screw down types" from Sears but there is literally no room to grab the bottom of the springs to use it. They have the larger clamp type at Sears also was going to try that one next.

I don't feel much like owning every different kind of valve spring compressor...

Thanks sleepdog

Reply to
sleepdog

Hi,

I bought the large C clamp type from Pep Boys for $30. C clamp style did my Harley heads, I can't imagine too many heads they would not work on.

Reply to
Scott

Got the large c clamp type from Sears, only $20. Worked like a charm. All the seals are now replaced, took about 2.5 hours.

Reply to
sleepdog

The head is back on the block.

Reply to