1990 Mustang 2.3 Cyl # 3 dead

Check your oil flow when it is back together, as your cam is worn for quite possibly a lack of oil. Cylinder leakdown test sounds right. Make sure both valves are closed, then listen for air moving into the exhaust or intake manifold. If both valves are closed and you hear air moving, then you have a valve issue. I have seen an old crusty engine have a piece of carbon lodge in a valve, killing compression. Check that too.

Reply to
Tech&Tool

; wrote: Check your oil flow when it is back together, as your cam is worn for quite possibly a lack of oil. Cylinder leakdown test sounds right. Make sure both valves are closed, then listen for air moving into the exhaust or intake manifold. If both valves are closed and you hear air moving, then you have a valve issue. I have seen an old crusty engine have a piece of carbon lodge in a valve, killing compression. Check that too. ________________________________________________

Please include an edited copy of the original poster's inquiry above your response so other newsgroup readers can understand the problem and benefit from your knowledge. This is basic newsgroup courtesy.

Thank you.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Tech&Tool wrote in news:4365c14a$0$8548$ snipped-for-privacy@news.echoforum.com:

But what tools can we order from aktools that will solve this problem?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic