1992 Ford Tempo: Brake Caliper Difficult to Install

I posted earlier about asking fixing the brakes on my Ford Tempo. Successfully achieved that last week--1 new caliper, 2 new rotors & pads, all is well now.

One thing, though--I did the driver's side easily, was very painless. All of it was. The passenger's side, though, different story--I had the time of my life getting that brake caliper on. In fact, after an hour or two of trying I gave up and had to get help. No matter how hard I tried, I just COULD NOT line up those holes.

Why is it so dang-deemed hard to do this? Can't they make a way to make it easier to line the holes up to where you can actually SEE them physically line up, rather than working with a groove about the depth of the thickness of a dime through which you try & see if the holes line up?

I don't envision having to do this for awhile anyway, but at any rate--any tips on how to make the calipers easier to install? It shouldn't take me 90 minutes of trying only to them give up.

LRH

Reply to
Larry R Harrison Jr