1993 Ford Escort LX wagon

fuel filter or pump first place to look.

Does it have a tach? What does the tach do when this happens? Does any light come on?

Any problems starting the car? Accelerating?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

My Escort cuts out when I'm traveling down the highway and after I let off the gas for a few seconds it will come back and travel on for approximately

3 more miles before the problem repeats itself. It doesn't do this in town. Only on the highway. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks!
Reply to
Brian Kelly

It would have helped to know the CEL came on.

Dont replace it till you have the codes read out.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic