1996 FORD ESCORT WON'T CRANK

I HAVE A 1996 FORD ESCORT ONE DAY ITS RUNNING NEXT IT'S DEAD TRIED STATER IT'S GOOD TRIED EVERYTHING TRIED TO TURN MOTOR BY HAND IT WONT CRANK I WAS THINKING MAYBE THE CLUTCH IS STUCK OR SOMETHING MAKING THE MOTOR NOT TO TURN DOES ANYONE HAVE A ADVISE

Reply to
RALPHMECH

if you dont like the shift key use all lower case. the period key is two to the right of the M key.

If you cant turn the motor by hand.. I suspect you have SERIOUS problems, which you can verify by removing timing belt cover and noting if it's broken or has skipped teeth.

If the clutch was stuck it would still crank in neutral.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic