1996 Lincoln Towncar ABS problem

Hi all ! I have a problem with my ABS. In the last time the ABS light comes up only sometimes. But by now it will lit everytime. The breakpedal was "bumping" before it lit. so I think it is an bad Sensor. Do anybody know how I can get out a flashcode to find out which sensor is bad ?

Greedings Mad

-- Ask a stupid question - be a fool for a day. Ask not - be a fool a lifetime...

Reply to
Karsten Sander

I getting no response so I try another question. If is not possible to get a flashcode out there what do I need to get the Info out of the ABS ? How would you test the Sensors ?

Mad

-- Ask a stupid question - be a fool for a day. Ask not - be a fool a lifetime...

Reply to
Karsten Sander

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

By buying the correct manual. It will give you diagnostic steps. Tell you which is the proper diagnostic tools you need. Have electrical schematics. Tell you how the system works. Can be bought on line or at your local dealership.

That information will be in the manual.

Why are you mad?

An educated person need not ask stupid questions, so should not feel foolish.

Know how to acquire information no need to ask, you'll know where and how to look.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Hi Thomas, hi Sharon !

@Sharon : Thought OBD reads only engine Data. But give that a try. So: Connencted - "NO CODES". I will made a testride and wait till i lit. At the moment it don´t :o( (Murphys Law)

@Thomas

you >which is the proper diagnostic tools you need. Have electrical schematics. >Tell you how the system works. Can be bought on line or at your

I have a Manual - will check it again.

Ok - I thought there is an easy way to read it out. The "Maunal reading way" is not so easy for me because there are a lot of technical english words to translate for me. Very hard to find out sometimes. Last time I need 2 Weeks to find out that an "Kreuzgelenk" is not an "Transmission output shaft" it´s called "Yoke" =:o) Also no help from a Dealer here - there is no Dealer for Lincoln in Germany. I got no problem to repair it by myself - but I must know what i had to do -first.

Sorry - I´m not mad - That´s my Nick !

Complettly MadMade (getting that name by my friends because I love the American way of drive) Nobody arround here has an Lincoln Towncar and an C10 Pickup :o) That´s why they call me "Mad".

I don´t write these words ;o) (Konfuzius does) IMHO this means that it is better to ask a (stupid) question that to be a fool. I dont want to destroy my ABS with unknown mesurement thats why I ask how to do.

Thought i get an answer like :"Plug out the Sensor and i should have

1200 Ohms between Wire 1 and 2"

But thanx for your answer. And Sorry for my bad english.

Greedings MadMade (Karsten)

Reply to
Karsten Sander

Is this manual a FORD service manual or an aftermarket like Chilton's? You need Ford's factory service manual or a professional Chilton's. Avaiable on line.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Hi Thomas !

It is an Ford Service Manual (the "rightone" from Held). I take a look again and found out that is possible to use an OBD. But I should have an "Rotunda Service Bay Diagnostic System 001-00001 (NGS)" - all I got is an "Actron". Possible that I get no Code because my Tester is not for testing all the stuff :(

The good news - 2 Sides later they write about a quicktest. Resistance between 5 and 6 // 7 and 8 -> 0.8-1.4kOhm Spinning the Wheel 1 cycle per sec. should show 100-3500mV

Sometimes you don´t think about the easyest things.

Thanks again for you help !

Greedings MadMade

BTW: Do you know what would be the cost of an Rotunda ( must be not exact) The Actron was abuot 100$ IIRC)

Reply to
Karsten Sander

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Thomas Moats" wrote in news:46mdnUzS snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

WOW - that is that what I expect. I think it worth for a Repairshop but not for someone like me who needs it maybe twice a year. It´s a pitty that we have no dealer here - but thank god there is another way to test it. Everything for that car is very expencive here. I paied for a small pice of plastic (cover the scew for the dooropener)

36 Euro (about 30$). For the Frontlights they like to have about 800$ (each!).

Next time I try to order in the Staates (if I find somebody to send it to Germany).

Have you some links for me ? When I was in the Staates I always buy my parts at "Autozone" or "Western Autoparts".

But I don´t find a good Internetshop right now. Or give me some words you would fill in "GOOGLE" then I can search by myself :o)

Thanx again for the Infos

MadMade

Reply to
Karsten Sander