1998 WINDSTAR Bushings

I have a 1998 FORD Windstar with 88,000 Kms. I am generally satisfied with it except for the tie rod's. There was a squeaking noise in the front end so dealer changed the bushings in May 2002, Noise re-appears 13 months later June 2003, so dealer once again changed the bushings and since I had just changed bushings 13 months approx 8000Km said that it couldn't have been just the tie-rods again. Dealer looked carefully and said some weld joints were undone and re-welded the front end, then worked on the tie rods. Well you guessed it, 8 months later, today, the same squeaking front end noise appears.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be yearly $600.00 job without the welds, add $300 for welding.

I'm not meteorologist, however, I do know that welds are supposed to be twice as strong as the steal they are on. If the weld gives, then this was a bad factory weld and I may go into the dealer and get dinged another $900.00.

I'm reluctant bring this problem bacck to the dealer, never had any problems with this dealer. Would a garage who specializes in front ends and alignments be better qualified to fing this problem.

I never had 3 consecutive tie-rod problems in a 2.5 year span, this sounds like some hidden defect.

Reply to
Gaetano Pengue