1999 taurus heater blower

my heater blower worked intermittently for about 2 weeks and now died. What are some common causes, I friend told me to try the resistor block and fusible links. I found the resistor block, but no luck finding the link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Intermmittent to fail is usually a bad connection in the res block. Also do a key-on tug test on all heater wiring, see if it starts.

With the key off, remove the resistor block, reattach the connector with the block lying on something non-metallic, non flammable.

While heater blower SHOULD be running, with a pair of long-nose pliers short across each component leg, esp the one that looks like a small condenser.. it is the hi-temp cutout.

If you cant make it run that way, it's probably in the switch, motor or fuse.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

A very common occurance on these cars is that the motor starts to draw a bit too much current and, over time, the connections at the motor or resistor overheat and lose their tension.

Reply to
Tom Adkins