2000 Contour - fuel pump removal

Having problems disconnecting the fuel line from the fuel pump. This is a returnless fuel pump. The instructions say "squeeze the tabs and pull firmly on the fuel line" to remove it. I have squeezed and pulled and pried until my fingers are worn out. Any tips? Thanks,

Craig

Reply to
Williams

"Williams" wrote in news:v1W1f.1159$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

rotate while pulling... if it's the plastic tabs get new ones and break off the old ones.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns96EA88C55EA8Fpettyfogery@207.115.63.158:

IN THAT ORDER!