different air vents, different heat

Hi, on my 1996 Peugeot 306 D Turbo, I've got a problem with the heater. On the face vents and side vents, I get hot air, as it should, but on the foot and windscreen air, it's almost stone cold, maybe luke warm sometimes.

I flushed the matrix out, which I'm sure made the face vents better, but no effect to the rest. I would have thought that the matrix is either blocked or not. And as I'm getting hot air through the face vents, I'm assuming the matrix is OK.

Can anyone help me out with this as the winter's starting to bite, and it's taking forever to demist the windscreen, if ever, and also, I'd like to feel my feet!

Thanks in advance,

Neil PS, please don't reply with "wear warm shoes", or "keep a good chamois for the window", I've heard them all!

Reply to
Neil D

Probably the dashboard control levers and/or baffles seized. As you can achieve hot air in some positions the matrix is ok. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Could this be the case as the air still deflects to the right place, just goes cold on the screen & feet?

Thanks for the reply, Neil

Reply to
Neil D

Not a clue. Controls send hot air to the face vents but cold air to footwell and screen. Must be stuck baffles (maybe). Some sophisticated systems allow hot air to the feet and cool air to the face. Comfortable and refreshing at the same time. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK