2000 Taurus No Heat

I have a 2000 Taurus and have no heat. Thermostat has been replaced and still no heat. Does the resistor have anything to do with the heat control or just the blower motor? Blower motor works on all speeds.

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris

blend door checked?

Reply to
Mudflap

blend door checked?

How do you check that on the Taurus? On my Chev. I know, but not on the Taurus.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

How long has it been since you flushed the cooling system? Was it full of brown gunk?

If its a vulcan (2v), i would have the cooling systems flushed, heater core flushed, and new water pump.

bob

Reply to
bob

It has been two years since last flushed. Problem solved. The Heater Core was completely blocked. Took off the heater hoses at the firewall (what a pain) and connected garden hose. Could not believe all the crap that cam flying out. I hope the heater core is not too messed up and last a few more years. Reconnected and filled tested and now have heat!

Thanks to all Chris P.S. Next job rear shocks on the chev venture. That will make wife happy!!!

Reply to
Chris