2000 taurus coolant res.

hello i have a 2000 se and i had a pretty good leak from near the coolant res. no coolant on the hose.but under the res i saw coolant drippage. i pulled it out and notice stress fracture type of lines in the plastic on the bottom. has anybody had similar problems? if so is there a fix short of replacing the res? TIA Matt

Reply to
skidflap

do it right and replace it.

Reply to
Scott M

Hey buddy had the same problem with my 2k taurus had to replace the tank it's easy to take out I don't know were you're located but in the Chi it cost about $100 and you could possibly put it in you're self. Good Luck!

Reply to
Bigheedy01