2000 Taurus Wagon - Retro Fit Lap Shoulder Belts...

Does anyone have any experience with retro fitting a lap shoulder belt harness, much like the one at this link:

My daughter has grown out of her car seat and is now sitting in the center seat of the wagon's back seat; my two sons right and left. The center seat is a lap only belt as opposed to the lap shoulder on the right and left seats. I would like to install a lap shoulder belt for the center seat.

Are there anchors on the rear wagon deck to which to secure the straps as shown in this product? Is there a better option for me?

I would ask anyone who can help to please email me.

Thank you,

Lou, NY snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com

Reply to
Louis F. Carbone

Your daughter is already sitting in the safest seat in the car.

I don't know if you will gain any safety advantage in getting a shoulder belt for her. If you that concerned about safety, get a car with curtain airbags that protect people against side impacts. And make sure she wears a helmet when she rides her bike, skates, etc.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Lou, the Taurus is already about the safest car there is, especially in that size & price segment, and the rear center is the safest position.

For the transition in your growing family, I would recommend the Britax LapTop:

If you can find one. They are top quality, & if you buy one & keep it clean, it will sell for what you bought it for. We had two new ones, one from a store(their last one in stock) & one from the store's website, just around the time they were discontinued.

They are especially desirable to the classic car & convertible crowd.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1