2001 f150 4.5 New problem cyclinder # 5

Thanks for all of your help with the location of # 5, I was a Chevy man in my younger days so I was on the wrong side and location for # 5. Now I changed the pack on the cylinder in question, But now it is still hit and miss ( no pun intended). Some times it will run fine then all of a sudden it miss-fires again. My little scanner is telling me "IGNITION COIL C PRIMARY/SECONDARY CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION" What the hell does that mean and how do I fix it ?

Thanks P.S. what ever happened to the days when you could do all of this without a computer and scanner ?

Reply to
Sue Milbury

computer and scanner ?

I'll never forget those days with points, condenser, carburetor & a single V belt driving nothing else but an alternator & water pump (with fan attached).

Reply to
Shawn

Replace the coil pack, boot and plug.

Ed