2002 Lincoln LS - Front Suspension Noise

Hello...my girlfriend has a 2002 Lincoln LS with over 130K miles on it.

The front-end makes a banging noise, like something is very loose or broken, when the car hits even a very small bump in the road.

The ball joints and some kind of "arms" and bushing were replaced. The changes had no effect.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
John

have you checked the front shocks

Reply to
JBLACKBURNMO

have you checked the front shocks

Reply to
ToddPriest2

Here's an update. After two private shops failed to diagnose the problem, we tried a Lincoln dealer and they fixed it.

While the banging noise certainly sounded like a failed shock or strut, the dealer replaced the front sway bar and bushings.

Reply to
John