PEUGEOT 307 KNOCKING NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION

I HAVE A KNOCKING NOISE FROM THE FRONT OF MY PEUGEOT 307. BUT THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN IT RAINS I.E GETS WET. THE ONLY THING THAT LOOKS LIKE IT GETS
WET, IS THE ANTI ROLL BAR BUSHES. IT IS NOT THE BOTTOM BALL JOINTS, DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THE KNOCKING COULD BE, OR HAS ANY ELSE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP.

Maybe you should shout at it.

GETS
ANY
Its your chauffeur with the umbrella, trying to get in as its raining
mikey.b wrote:

its not a female sitting beside you is it ?or some one in the boot.lol lol

I would take it into your dealer - it sounds like something they will know about and depending how old your car is they will fix it under warranty.
See ya,
Phil C

GETS
ANY
Could be:
Anti-roll bar drop links (either side) cost about 35 on e-bay a pair and take a bout 30 mins to fit.
Bottom suspension ball joints: dunno how much they cost as Peugeot replaced them for me under warranty as well as the bottom suspension arms a few weeks later (long story).
Top strut bearings.
It could also be reflected noise from the back of the car :-)
Of course if it only happens when you are cornering hard or at full lock then it is the c.v. joints on the driveshafts. Rain doesn't matter to these diagnoses but it could easily be the mounts that you have dismissed, most likelely it is the drop links.
Chris
P.S. YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY APPEARS TO BE BROKEN, bad form as it is considered shouting here.
grupi:64f3cb47308c3@uwe...

And also in your message :) See if it helps: http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/wshtml/mechanic/307susp/307susp.htm

Well, I don't know if that has solved the problem of the original poster, but it has told me where the creaking noise I have on the front suspension is coming from (I hope).