2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT-Clicking noise sounds light signal!

I have a pontiac grand am gt 2002 and for some reason there is this clicking noise...it sounds like my blinker or signal light is on. At
first it only made the noise after my signal was turned on and it would make noise for maybe a minute. Now it makes the noise as soon as I start the car and will make the noise on and off. The only time it doesnt make the noise is when the signal is on because the signal is making noise. Can anyone give me any advice to what is wrong??? Thanks!

Rey
"" wrote:
> > >I have a pontiac grand am gt 2002 and for some reason there > is this > > clicking noise...it sounds like my blinker or signal light > is on. At > > first it only made the noise after my signal was turned on > and it > > would make noise for maybe a minute. Now it makes the noise > as soon > > as I start the car and will make the noise on and off. The > only time > > it doesn't make the noise is when the signal is on because > the signal > > is making noise. Can anyone give me any advice to what is > wrong??? > > Thanks! > > > > -- > >Re sounds like an circuit breaker tripping on and off. There > may be an ele. > >short in system. > > Rey
Hello,
I would like to know if you found the answer to this problem. I have a 1999 and it does the same thing. I think this is a very common problem a lot of these cars have. Unfortunetly the manufacturer doesnt think my vin number has the problem so their hasnt been a recall on mine. I think for your year there is a recall for this problem...it is supposedly something to do with the hazard switch, we have replaced ours and still have the problem...my husband thinks it has to do with the turn signal lever...which you have to buy the whole steering column assembly. I just bought one from a junkyard for $75..this weekend he is going to change. If you have figured out the problem though please let me know.
Thanks and God bless! Tiffany :)