2003 Focus ZX3

Hello to the group

My son is looking at a used 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 at a local Ford dealer. Dealer is asking $8990. 47,800 miles. Seems like it is in nice shape, with no dents, nice paint, clean, etc.

Any suggestions on what I should look for in the way of potential problems with that model and year?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Can't help with that, but the price sounds pretty high for that year and mileage. Might be worth checking

to get a fix on it.

Reply to
Noah Little

I suppose that would depend on how the previous(s) owners used or abused the vehicle and how well they maintained it or not.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

NADA which has the most accurate prices at which vehicles are currently trading, lists a base 2003 ZX3 with 47K, in average condition, at $7,500 wholesale and $9,200 retail. One with an automatic tranny at $350 more

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Edmunds, whose values I trust a lot more, is a good bit less.

Reply to
Noah Little

You can believe in the Easter bunny and the tooth fairly if you choose, but NADA which has the most accurate prices at which vehicles are currently trading LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Around here they all use kelly blue book.

ShoeSaleman

You can believe *that* if you choose, but we all know that NADA is a tool of the dealers. Of course, if you are also in that category, then never mind.

By the way, sarcasm of the kind you display in this and prior posts is really most unbecoming of a person of your supposed years.

Reply to
Noah Little

That is precisely WHY NADA has the most accurate prices at which vehicles are currently trading

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Gasp! Who would'a thought, dealers would go by the dealer price book!.. but I'd say they establish the STARTING price for a dealer lot.

BTW, Noah.... he's been pissin' people off on here for nigh unto ten years, at least, how long you been here?

We're all just lovable old codgers, at heart... and we deliver the goods.

"Mike Hunter" wrote:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thank you everybody for your responses.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

you know with all the bickering between you guys (i cant believe you are arguing about which book to look at for a used car price) you never answered the guys questions JESUS this is stupid.... i shouldn't even have to say this....Play NICE kids!!!

Reply to
fireater

sorry mabar i know nothing about ford focus

Reply to
fireater

Sounds like an awful lot for the little shitbox. If it were a Civic or an Accord the price might be about right.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives